Alco-Fruit Recipes Made from Liquor in the Philippines
What alco-fruit recipes made from liquor in the Philippines should you try?
- Watermelon-Tequila Surprise
- Classic Red Sangria
- Rum Swizzle
- Melon-Ball Wine
- Strawberry Comfort Cocktail
There is nothing like a little dose of liquor from the Philippines to get you through the blues. You can make it better by adding some fruity notes to your drink. Although wines in Manila can offer you this, this weekend, why don’t you try something a bit different and a bit more refreshing?
Fruit cocktails are some of the best drinks to have when you are chilling. The unique taste and the fruity kick they offer will surely turn your weekends into something fun and memorable whether you are alone or with your group of friends. However, the greatest thing about them is that you can tweak the flavors into your preference. Do you prefer your drinks sweet or do you want to taste more alcohol than fruit? Feel free to adjust the recipe accordingly.
Here are a few of them:
This drink is not just tasty, but very pretty as well. Perfect to put on your Instagram post!
The Watermelon-Tequila Surprise will definitely catch your attention. You can drink this alone or serve it to your favorite girls as you go on a night out—it does not matter if your theme is cute, sexy, or a bit of both! Just add a little splash of watermelon and blueberries to your favorite tequila. In time, this would be climbing the charts to become your favorite drink.
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 ¾ cups blueberries
- 8 cups diced seedless watermelon (1 pound)
- ¾ cup fresh mint leaves plus 8 sprigs for garnish
- 1 ¼ cups tequila
- Mix in water and sugar in a small saucepan, then bring it to a simmer over moderate heat or until sugar is dissolved. After 1 minute, set aside and let the sugar syrup cool.
- Toss in the watermelon into a blender then puree it until smooth. Set a strainer over a bowl then strain the watermelon juice; press on the solid parts of the fruit to extract as much juice as possible. Do not include the pulp for the mix.
- Get a large pitcher then proceed to combine the sugar syrup with lime juice, blueberries, and mint leaves. Use a wooden spoon to lightly mix the blueberries and mint. Add in the watermelon juice and tequila.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Pour the cocktail into tall glasses and garnish it with mint sprigs. Serve while the drinks are cold.
Classic Red Sangria
When it comes to fruity cocktails, Sangria is an instant favorite all around. Whenever you feel like partying in Manila, wines would be the best drinks to accompany you for the night so why not use it for this delectable recipe?
This recipe will be your ticket to a great night. Here’s how you can do it!
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 4 tbsp. natural syrup
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 cup mineral water or club soda
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups red wine
- 8 orange slices for garnish
- Heat a small saucepan over low heat.
- Mix in 4 tablespoons of sugar with 4 tablespoons of water then stir until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- Wait for the syrup to cool then set aside.
- Start by dividing the ice cubes into four glasses.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the syrup and ½ tablespoon of lime juice to each of the glasses.
- Pour in ¼ cup of mineral water and ¼ cup of orange juice into the glass. Do not mix.
- To finish, slowly add ½ cup of red wine to each glass. Top off with the orange slices for garnish.
- You can add more ice or syrup depending on your preference.
This drink is also coined as “Bermuda’s national drink.” If this is the first time you are hearing of it, then be ready for it to change your life!
This recipe will bring you a concoction that is the right balance of tropical and alcohol taste. Be instantly refreshed by following this instruction:
- 1/2 cup black rum
- 1/2 cup gold rum
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 shot grenadine flavoring syrup
- Prepare this cocktail by filling a large pitcher with crushed or shaved ice.
- Mix in all the ingredients in the pitcher and stir well. You can also opt to use a shaker for this recipe.
- Strain it into glasses with ice cubes in them.
- Finish up by garnishing each glass with a pineapple or orange slice.
Wine connoisseurs usually frown upon complementing their favorite drink with ice cubes because they dilute their intended taste. But what if it can add more flavor to the concoction?
This recipe substitutes melon balls to ice cubes, adding some fruity notes to the drink. Enhance the taste of your favorite wine with this quirky recipe armed with a fruity kick.
- 1 large melon
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 bottle white wine
- ¾ cup triple sec
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- Scoop out 12 melon balls using an ice cream scooper. Lay them in a cookie sheet then proceed to cool them in a freezer.
- In a small pan, put in 2 tablespoons of honey then dissolve it. Refrigerate it after.
- Pour the bottle of wine into a pitcher then toss in the honey mixture, triple sec, and lemon juice.
- Finish it with two melon balls in each glass then pour in your punch.
Strawberry Comfort Cocktail
There is nothing like a little berry drink to keep you refreshed all night long.
Strawberry Comfort Cocktail is a drink that is one for the books! You and your friends will definitely enjoy sipping this as you share some stories. Follow this recipe to make it:
- 16 oz. fresh strawberries, washed and without leaves
- Sugar, to taste or you can also use artificial sweetener
- 2 large lemons, juiced
- 3 oz. sweet and sour drink mix
- 3 oz. lime soda
- ½ oz. rum
- 1 ½ oz. Southern Comfort
- Ice cubes
- Blend the strawberries (you can use a blender or a food processor) so it can form a purée.
- Add in sugar little by little or until you have achieved your desired level of sweetness.
- Mix in the lemon juice, purée it and the rest of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake or mix it well.
- Serve in clear glasses with lots of ice and garnish according to your taste.
In the Philippines, liquor is best enjoyed when it is used in delicious recipes such as these. Feel free to use them as your guide whenever you want to be refreshed. Whether you are drinking with your friends or by your lonesome, take some time to enjoy these drinks and be sure to drink responsibly!
Visit this page to get the best liquor to create these refreshing recipes.