Alcohol Cupcake Recipes Made from Liquor in the Philippines
What are the alcohol-cupcake recipes that you can make from liquor in the Philippines?
- Mini Sangria Cupcakes
- Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes
- Drunken Bourbon Cupcake
As if there’s nothing sweeter than a tall glass of liquor in the Philippines for every occasion, you stumble upon these decadent cupcake recipes that are to die for. In Manila, wines and spirits are the perfect drink companions to the very sweet nature of all things cake—or in this case, cupcake!
Create your own alcohol cupcakes with the recipes listed below.
Mini Sangria Cupcakes
Here’s how to make it:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. orange zest
- 1 ¾ cup white or red wine
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 oz. powdered pectin (1 pouch)
- Additional wine, as needed
- 227 grams unsalted butter or shortening (at room temperature)
- 454 grams powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup red or white wine
- 1/8 cup pear brandy
- Preheat the oven to 167 degrees Celsius.
- Start preparing the mini cupcake tins with liners and set it aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a small bowl or container then set aside.
- In the bowl with a stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk, prepare the mixture by combining sugar, olive oil, orange juice, zest, and the yogurt. Mix it all until everything is well combined.
- Proceed with adding the eggs one at a time and whisk it well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients while continuously whisking it until no lumps remain.
- Fill the cupcake tins in a 2/3 measure and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool before adding the frosting.
- Use a stand mixer with a paddle or with an electric mixer. Beat the butter as desired.
- Next, add the powdered sugar and continue beating. Make sure that its consistency is either crumbly or thick at this point.
- While the mixer is running, pour in the white wine and pear brandy. For a firm frosting, add the wine or pear brandy. For a thinner frosting, add more of the wine or brandy.
- Transfer it to the piping bag and use the frosting as much as you want.
Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes
This recipe yields 12 cupcakes. Start baking with these steps:
For the cupcakes:
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 small limes, zested or juiced
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk (room temperature)
Strawberry tequila filling:
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 lime, juiced and zest
- ¼ cup tequila
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tsp. cornstarch
For the frosting:
- 1½ sticks butter, soft
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. strawberry tequila filling
For the Cupcakes:
- Start by preheating the oven to 167C. Then, line the cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Use a medium bowl to whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine butter and sugar. Mix it on a medium-high speed until it is light and fluffy. Do this for 3-5 minutes.
- Start blending the eggs one at a time. Then, mix it well after each addition. Afterwards, beat in the lime zest, lime juice, and vanilla.
- Start the mixer at low speed, mix in the dry ingredients in an alternate manner with the buttermilk.
- Continue preparing the mixture by dividing the batter between the cupcake liners then fill it until it is ¾ full. Bake for 20-24 minutes. Then, let it cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer it to a large mixing bowl, cream the butter until it is fluffy.
- Next, add the powdered sugar one cup at a time. Cream in the strawberry filling then add the remaining splash of tequila. Mix it until the frosting is thick and creamy, then add the splash of milk or lime juice if needed. If you find that the frosting is losing its consistency, add a little more powdered sugar until it is smooth.
- Pipe the frosting on the cupcakes. Use a spoon to sprinkle some coarse sugar as desired.
To make the filling:
- Combine the strawberries, lime zest or juice, sugar, and cornstarch. Cook it over medium-high heat and stir it constantly until the mixture becomes thick with the strawberries softened enough. In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, sugar, lime zest/juice, and cornstarch.
- At this point, you can transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor then puree it.
- Return the mixture to the pot and cook it for about 5-10 minutes on medium heat all while stirring frequently until it becomes thick. Stir in a splash of tequila. Finish by letting it cool.
- By using a small paring knife, cut a cone out the top of each cupcake.
- Remove the cut out and put a tablespoon of strawberry filling into the cupcakes.
Drunken Bourbon Cupcake
Bourbon is like that bold and charismatic friend that you can’t get enough of. Mix it in a cupcake recipe and its presence would be even sweeter.
The recipe shown below yields 12-14 cupcakes. Here’s how you do it:
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick salted butter (at room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp. whole milk
- 6 tbsp. bourbon whiskey
- Start preparing the recipe by preheating the oven to 350°.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together then set aside.
- Use a large bowl to cream the brown sugar for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and milk. Then, proceed to mix it until they are fully incorporated.
- Add the bourbon and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly and mix them until the mixture is smooth.
- Place the liners into 2 cupcake pans then fill it with 1 scoop from the ice-cream scooper.
- Bake it for 22-24 minutes or until the cupcakes have a light golden brown color.
- Place them on cooling racks until they are no longer warm.
- Finish off by topping the cupcakes with buttercream and bacon.
- If you want a stronger bourbon flavor, exchange 1-2 tablespoons of milk with additional whiskey.
These cupcake recipes are perfect for all kinds of events. Impress your family and friends by whipping them up in your next get-together. For sure, the mixture of bitter and sweet in these concoctions will surprise them in a wonderful way!
Visit this page to get your supply of alcoholic beverage to make these wonderful cupcakes!