The 3 Chilling Horror Movie Drink Pairings
What 3 movie and drink pairings should you go with if you want to have some horror nights?
- The Shining + RedRum
- Evil Dead + Death Cocktail
- Land of the Dead + Zombie Jello Shots
Alcohol distributors will surely have busy days during –ber months especially since the holiday season is on the horizon. In addition, Halloween parties are very popular during this time of the year. While kids go trick or treating, the adults will have some fun dressed as ghost, ghouls, and other monsters they could think of.
If you’re planning to host your own party – even just a small one – with your friends and family and are looking for some fun ideas, then perhaps you can consider having a viewing party. Gather the scariest movies and pair them with appropriate cocktails to mark the holiday!
Are you ready to have the best horror night? Then, let’s begin!
The Shining + Redrum
The Shining is a classic. Plus, it is a favorite amongst horror movies aficionado.
This Halloween, why don’t you watch Jack Nicholson descend into madness with the fine taste of aged rum on your lips? But you can make this experience even better by mixing a cocktail that has been inspired by the movie, Redrum.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 shots Don Papa rum
- 1 shot fresh lemon juice
- 1 shot simple syrup
- 1 shot red wine
- 2 sticks cinnamon (and 2 for garnish)
- Start by combining the rum, lemon juice, syrup, and two cinnamon sticks in a shaker.
- Add ice and shake for 10 seconds.
- Strain it into glasses with ice.
- Gently pour red wine over the back of a spoon to create a float on the cocktails.
- Finish by using the remaining cinnamon sticks as garnish.
Evil Dead + Death Cocktail
Many people have been raving over the gore and spook level that this Sam Raimi creation has delivered. You can say that this is specifically why it has always been a go-to movie every Halloween.
The Death Cocktail that you should pair it with is a bit of a misnomer, so don’t be frightened of drinking it during the movie. You can easily make it with this recipe:
- 4 liters Sprite soda
- 4 liters Orange Soda
- 750 ml Captain Morgan spiced rum
- 1 pint Bacardi light rum
- 1 pint triple sec
- 1 can strawberry Guava Punch Concentrate
- 1 can passion-fruit Punch Concentrate
- 3 oz. lime juice
- Pour 2 liters of Sprite into a punch bowl and then add the cans of concentrated punch. Stir them until they are dissolved into the mixture.
- Add in the bottle of Captain Morgan. Then, pour in the pint of Bacardi and Triple sec. Pour them into a stirring motion.
- Add 3 oz. of sweetened lime juice to add a sharp edge to the drink.
- Add another 2 liters of Sprite and Orange soda to carbonate the punch. Enjoy the drink with the rest of the party!
Land of the Dead + Zombie Jello Shots
Zombies have been in trend these past few years. If you’re thinking about wearing a zombie costume, then the Land of the Dead is the perfect movie for you. It is a 2005 post-apocalyptic horror film that is perfect as a Halloween movie treat for everyone. If you prefer, you can have a zombie-themed party and make some Zombie Jello Shots for you and your guests to consume during the movie’s key parts.
Check out this recipe:
- Raspberry Jello
- Grape Jello
- 2 oz. Vodka
- 12 oz. Lemon Lime soda
- 1 tbsp. Grenadine
- Add some of the jello to your preferred glass.
- Proceed by adding ice, vodka, soda, and stir them gently.
- Pour the grenadine over the back of a spoon into the glass; this will cause the grenadine to cling to the foam of the soda for that red look.
- Serve and enjoy!
These are some of the best scary movie drink pairings you can enjoy this Halloween or whenever you want to have a horror night and marathon some of these movies. Remember to get the best liquor from a trusted alcohol distributor. Also, if you don’t feel like mixing drinks, you can always go the simple route and have your favorite drink—may it be vodka, rum, or whiskey from the Philippines.
You can view our product catalog by clicking here!