5 Cocktail Recipes You Can Create at Home During the Quarantine
What are cocktail recipes you can create at home during the quarantine?
- Classic Whiskey Sour
- Frozen Sangria
- Beer Mojitos
During this time of a global pandemic, as social distancing and self-quarantine continue, you might be running out of ways to spend your time at home. What’s there to do while stuck indoors? During these stressful times and stay at home orders, treat yourself to a drink! There’s nothing like a good happy hour in the comfort of your own home. You can even spice it up and create some quarantine cocktail recipes! Utilize the ingredients you can find in your cupboard and incorporate them into your drinks. Who knows, you may be able to find your new go-to beverage! We’ve rounded up five cocktail recipes you can sip on while doing some self-quarantine activities! Read on for more.
Spice up your vitamin c intake by adding a dash of wine into your favorite orange juice drinks! Mimosas are astonishingly simple to make with just two recipes you can find in your cupboard. The sparkling wine added to the orange juice drink makes it effervescent and actually enhances the orange juice aroma. Have this at any time of the day! Here’s a simple recipe for a good mimosa:
- 75 ml Sparkling Wine
- 75 ml Orange Juice (fresh or boxed)
- Garnishes (optional): strawberries, cherries, grenadine
- Ensure that all ingredients are chilled
- Mix both into a glass
- Garnish and enjoy!
Classic Whiskey Sour
For some countries like the Philippines, the global pandemic came in time before the summer. Not to worry, here’s a drink that you can enjoy to welcome the warm summer months. One of the best ways that you can enjoy whiskey is through this timeless cocktail. It is refreshing, delicious, and easy to make! It is also easily customizable. Every brand of whiskey you incorporate to this cocktail will offer you a unique flavor profile!
- 60 ml whiskey
- 22 ml lemon juice
- 22 ml simple syrup
- Combine your bourbon, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker
- Fill shaker with ice
- Cover and shake for about 20 seconds
- Strain through a glass filled with ice
To make your alcoholic drinks a little more exciting, grab your favorite red wine of choice to create frozen cocktails that will keep you cool and refreshed during the quarantine. Spice up this traditional lush, fruity beverage by popping it into your blender. Sangria is incredibly versatile, so you can add almost any fruit you can find at home. Stay cool and relaxed amidst the isolation. You can enjoy this while snacking on your favorite chips, snacks, and dip!
- 350 ml red wine
- 118 ml orange liqueur
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 120 ml orange juice
- Lime juice
- Fresh fruits for garnishing
- Combine your red wine, orange liquor, frozen strawberries, orange juice, lime juice, and honey in a blender
- Blend until pureed or until you reach preferred consistency
- Pour sangria into your glass
- Garnish with fresh fruits!
Everyone loves margaritas! You can have them on the rocks, frozen, spiked with other booze. Enjoy them in any way you like. Since you’ll be stuck at home for a couple of weeks, this calls for rounds of happy hour margaritas! There may be so many variations out there, but you can never go wrong with a classic Margarita. If you’re looking for a stellar, fresh cocktail to relieve your mind during this pandemic, here’s a good margarita recipe for you to try:
- 88 ml of tequila
- 80 ml lime juice
- 30 ml simple syrup
- Teaspoon of orange liqueur
- Fill your cocktail shaker with ice. Add your tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, and orange liqueur
- Cover your cocktail shaker and mixed for 30 seconds or until chilled
- Place salt and sugar on a plate and press the rim of a glass into the mixture
- Strain margarita into the glass and enjoy!
Having a hard time choosing between your favorite alcoholic beverages? Here’s one unique cocktail you can try by transforming your favorite brew. Make use of simple ingredients at home and create a fresh beer cocktail in just a few steps!
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime
- 80 ml of white rum
- 170 ml of beer
- Gather all your ingredients
- In a tall glass, combine the sugar, mint, and lime
- Add the rum and stir
- Top with beer
- Serve and enjoy!
During this period of isolation, it’s great to have some activities that make us relieved and feel good. Create and sip on these quarantine cocktail recipes to maximize your time at home. Alcoline is open to delivering your alcohol fix! We are open Monday – Friday from 10-AM to 4 PM. Click here to know more!