Cozy Drinks to Enjoy the Rainy Season
What are a few fun and relaxing drinks that go well with the rainy weather?
- Purple Rain
- Hot Sultry Zoe
- Rainy Day Marley
- Apple Business
- Spiced Screwdriver
Although the bright and warm suns of summer are no longer with us and the sometimes harsh rains are beginning to make their frequent pours, the monsoon season does not have to be such a downer. Just because summer is over doesn’t mean that you are any less able to enjoy the sweet graces of of liquor here in the Philippines.
The rainy months here in the tropics is a time of replenishment and rejuvenation for our natural environments. It is true that the weather can definitely shape our moods, and this season marks the perfect time for trying out some fun drinks that are sure to be the perfect match for the pouring rain.
Here is a list of fantastic cocktails that are easy to make and will definitely make you embrace the rainy season:
This first drink is simple and cheap in its recipe. The ingredients are easy to gather. With a few of these whipped up in the company of good friends sharing amazing stories, you’ll find that the soothing calms of the pouring rain will charmingly add to the wonderful ambiance that you are in.
- 5m Gin of choice
- 6m cranberry juice
- ½ tsp. blue food coloring
- ½ tsp. sweet and sour mix
- 1 dash of soda water
- Pour the gin into a glass filled with ice.
- Top the glass with cranberry juice.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Continuously stir.
- Add more teaspoons of blue food coloring to achieve desired drink color.
Hot Sultry Zoe
When the nights are cold, there truly is nothing quite like staying in and cuddling up with a hot and tasty drink. With this simple recipe, the warm chocolate is tastefully accentuated by the tequila and sweetened vanilla liqueur. The addition of cream also injects a rich and hearty texture that is perfect for quietly nestling at home as the water pours and the strong winds blow outside. Nothing could be more calming to the soul.
- 1 measure tequila of choice
- ½ measure vanilla-flavored liqueur
- 5 measures of hot chocolate
- 2 measures of cream
- Get either a mug or an Irish coffee glass.
- Pour in the tequila, vanilla liqueur, and hot chocolate.
- Stir well until the desired mixture is achieved.
- Pour in the cream over the back of a spoon.
- Make sure the cream settles on top of the drink.
Rainy Day Marley
This drink is a fun little variation of the classic screwdriver; it blends all the fundamental elements of the drink with more of a citrusy kick. And with the addition of coconut rum, the subtle hints of flavor really gives this drink its exoticism and character. Who says that Malibu drinks are only good for the summertime?
- 5 ml vodka of choice
- 5 ml orange liqueur flavoring
- 5 rum of choice (preferably coconut rum)
- Orange juice
- Orange wedge
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Pour in the ingredients.
- Continuously stir until mixed to desired level.
- Top up with orange juice.
- Garnish with an orange wedge.
Apple Business is the embodiment of a perfect rainy evening in the form of a sweet and gin-heavy cocktail. With a dash of honey and lime, this drink completely hits the spot after coming home from a hard day’s work.
- 2 measures gin of choice
- 1 measure apple juice
- ½ measure fresh lime juice
- ½ measure of honey
- 1 apple slice (for garnish)
- Pour all ingredients into a shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Fill a rocks glass with ice.
- Strain the mixture into the glass.
- Garnish with the apple slice.
Another variant of the good ol’ screwdriver, the use of cinnamon vodka for this recipe adds a distinct spice that develops the drink’s warming sensations. This drink goes down smooth and easy; and is an utter delight for the coolness in the rainy weather.
One fun tip for this cocktail is to add a dash of ground cinnamon in the rink and as garnish for the glass’ rim!
- 50 ml vodka of choice (preferably cinnamon vodka)
- Orange juice
- Cinnamon stick (for garnish)
- Orange wedge (for garnish)
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour in the vodka.
- Stir well.
- Top up with orange juice and continue to stir.
- Garnish with cinnamon stick and orange wedge.
With the many great sources for liquor here in the Philippines, there is definitely no shortage when it comes to getting creative with your cocktail mixes. By simply trying out and experimenting with the drinks mentioned above, you’ll find that the rainy season does not have to be gloomy; with the right drink, it can be nice, warm, and cozy!
What are you waiting for? Go ahead and get all your needed ingredients from this page!