5 Holiday Drinking Games You Should Play At Least Once
What are drinking games you should play this Christmas?
- Santa’s Hat – Place a Santa hat on the corner of your TV screen. Take a shot when a movie character’s head is perfect positioned with the hat.
- Jingle Shots – Players will line up and take turns singing a Christmas carol. If a person messes up, then he/she will have to take a shot.
- Twelve Days of Christmas – Players will take turns singing this iconic song, while adding some funny lines to it. Players, who will mess up, have to take a shot.
- Angels We Have Heard on High – There will be two groups: the people with their eyes closed and the yellers. If the player with his/her eyes closed guessed who yelled correctly, then the other person will take a shot. If they did guess wrong, then they will take a shot.
- ‘Home Alone’ Drinking Game– Wait for certain scenes to come up before taking a shot. You can set your own rules or follow the original ones.
The holidays are coming up, which means it’s time to open a bottle of some of the finest Jack Daniel’s from the Philippines and have some fun with your friends and family! During these times, all of you can partake in various Filipino traditions, such as going to a Simbang Gabi, doing Christmas carols, and the most awaited Noche Buena. You can count that the holiday season will be a jolly one, if you spend it with your favorite people.
Admittedly, Christmas gatherings can get awkward sometimes, especially when everyone finishes catching up with each other after being apart for most of the year. This is why some hosts ensure they have enough ice breakers to make the fun last all throughout the festivity. Some of them are drinking games that even adults can partake in this season. Here are some of them:
This game has made its fair share of rounds around the internet, which is definitely a good indicator of its fame in the world of alcoholic indulgence for the holidays. Besides, who wouldn’t want to take a shot of their favorite liquor whilst watching holiday classics on TV?
To play this game, just place a Santa hat on the corner of your television and prepare some shots.Then, go ahead and put on a Christmas classic or any other movie for that matter. If any character from that movie happens to match their heads with the Santa hat at the corner, then all of you would need to take a shot.
For those who love taking shots, this game is definitely for you! What makes it enjoyable is that the players can drink as much alcohol as they want and sing as many Christmas carols with as much glee and spirit.
The mechanics of the game is to line up your shot glasses and make sure that each player is holding one in their hands. Once all of you are ready, the first person in the line-up will start singing the first line of any Christmas song they choose, with the next one in line singing the next line. If anyone messes up the song, then that person takes a shot. The objective of the game is to keep singing, so make sure to memorize those lyrics and sing your heart out when your turn comes!
The Twelve Days of Christmas
The best thing about Christmas, especially in the Philippines, is that there are certain traditions that Filipinos follow.You can say that many of them have been portrayed by the classic song, “Twelve Days of Christmas”. However, did you know that there is also a holiday drinking game with the same name?
For this one, start the game by singing the first line of the song, followed by some random quote for some humor; then, have another player sing the next line followed by something funny. If someone messes up the groove, then that player will have to take a shot.
Angels We Have Heard on High
This is another song that perfectly resonates the upcoming holidays and with alcohol involved, the resonance will definitely be upped a notch!
This game is best played with a group. It involves one player closing their eyes and another player yelling the words ‘On High’. Then, the player with their eyes closed will have to guess who yelled it. If ever the guess is correct, the person who yelled takes a shot.On the other hand, if the guess was incorrect, the player with their eyes closed would be the one to take a shot.
‘Home Alone’ Drinking Game
If one were to talk about Christmas cinema classics, “Home Alone” would definitely be up there on top. For sure, watching this film with a nice glass (or shot) of Jack Daniel’s in the Philippines will make the experience even more memorable. However, it would be even more fun if you watched it with your friends and family and played the Home Alone Drinking Game.
To play this game, gather with your friends around the television and put on Home Alone; it doesn’t matter whether you put on the original or its sequel. Just make sure you take a shot if these things happen in the movie:
- A character insults Kevin
- Kevin looks at the camera and smiles
- Harry and Marv are hurt by one of Kevin’s traps
- When the character in the old movie Kevin is watching says ‘filthy animal’
Christmas is all about fun times and traditions, especially for Filipinos. With these 5 drinking games for the holidays in store for you, your Christmas will surely get merrier!