How to Make 6 Simple Cocktails After Work
What are simple cocktails you can make after work?
- Old Fashioned
- Cereal Milk Punch
- White Wine & Tequila Siesta
- Vodka Soda
- The Tom Collins
- Bubbly Cucumber Avocado Smoothie
When you get home from work, do you usually crave for a refreshing and calming cocktail without having to go through the hassle? Then these simple cocktails made of high-quality liquor in the Philippines are the right ones for you. Some of these make use of only a handful of ingredients and require minimal to no effort to create.
Whether you want a traditional cocktail or a new and unique one, this list has got you covered. Read on to learn about simple cocktail recipes you can make after work.
The simplicity of the Old Fashioned is what highlights its elegance. This drink is made of three simple ingredients and needs no complicated procedures to pull-off. All you need after a long day at work is to mash together some sugar and bitters, add in some ice, and pour your favorite high-quality whiskey in. Here is the timeless recipe that makes the iconic Old Fashioned:
- 2 oz. whiskey
- 2 dashes bitters
- 1 sugar cube
- Orange peel (for garnish)
- Take out your beloved old-fashioned glass.
- In the glass, muddle in the bitters and sugar.
- Add in a large ice cube (feel free to use your preferred shape).
- Pour high-quality whiskey into the glass.
- Stir well with a bar spoon, ensuring that you even out the muddled sugar underneath.
- To further add to the luxury and elegance of the drink, garnish your drink with an orange twist.
If you are looking to try something new after work, then the next recipe would be right up your alley.
Cereal Milk Punch
When you were a kid, do you remember getting back home from school and enjoying a nice, cold bowl of your favorite cereal? Well, take yourself back to your childhood days with this Cereal Milk Punch made with your favorite cereal brand. Take note that this recipe has some preparations that need to be done, which will take longer than the previous recipe. This recipe can be applied to any type of cereal, try to experiment and find the best and most delicious mix for you.
- 1 ½ oz. whiskey
- ½ oz. rum
- 5 cups cereal
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Instructions for Cereal Milk
- To make cereal milk, first, place the cereal in a bowl and top with milk.
- Let the mixture steep in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Strain the cereal from the cereal milk and set aside.
Instructions for Garnish
- For the cereal syrup, add in a half cup of your cereal in a pot. Add in one cup of sugar and another cup of water.
- Heat the mixture and stir as the sugar dissolves.
- Strain and put aside.
- For the crushed cereal, pour in a handful of the cereal into a zip lock bag. Seal well and crush the cereal.
- For the glass, pour the cereal syrup into a saucer. Pour crushed cereal in another saucer.
- Roll the rim of a lowball glass in the syrup and then into the crushed cereal in order to line the rim of the glass.
Instructions for Cereal Milk Punch
- In a cocktail shaker, add in 2 oz. cereal milk, ½ oz. cereal syrup, the whiskey, and the rum.
- Add in ice and shake well.
- Pour ice cubes into a cereal-rimmed lowball glass.
- Carefully strain the mixture into said glass.
Looking for something with more of a kick after work? This next recipe is definitely the one for you.
White Wine & Tequila Siesta
Can’t decide whether you want to sip on some wine or if you need something stronger to relax your mind after a long day? Well, why not have both! This White Wine & Tequila Siesta is a variation of the traditional Siesta made in New York City. One glass of this will surely leave you smiling the whole night.
- 2 oz. white wine
- ½ oz. tequila
- ½ oz. grapefruit juice
- ½ oz. Campari
- 75 oz. lime juice
- 25 oz. simple syrup
- Grapefruit slice (for garnish)
- In a shaker, add in all ingredients besides the garnish.
- Add in ice and shake well.
- Grab an old-fashioned glass and fill it with ice.
- Strain the mixture into the glass.
- Garnish with grapefruit slice on the rim.
Sounds easy, right? Keep reading to find even easier recipes for you to make after a long day at work.
Want an even easier recipe? Try to make your very own Vodka Soda. This bar staple is incredibly easy to make and can be completed in 3 easy steps. If you want to try out variations, play around with the type of soda you use. Here is the recipe for the classic Vodka Soda:
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1 can lime soda
- 1 lemon
- 1 lemon slice (for garnish)
- Grab your Collins glass, and add in the vodka.
- Fill the glass up with ice and top it with lime soda.
- Add in a squeeze of lemon and you’re done!
- Simply garnish with a lemon wedge in order to upgrade the look of your drink.
Do you enjoy the taste of lime soda in your cocktails? Well, here’s another type of cocktail that you will surely enjoy.
The Tom Collins
The Tom Collins was coined by the Father of American Mixology, Jerry Thomas. The drink is a combination of gin and sparkling lemonade. It is more often than not, served in a Collins glass. This is an incredibly refreshing drink to cool you off after working up a sweat at work. Here is the recipe for the Tom Collins:
- 2 oz. gin
- ¾ oz. lemon juice
- ½ oz. simple syrup
- 1 ½ cup ice
- 2 oz. lime soda
- In a Collins glass, pour in ice and set aside in the freezer while prepping other ingredients.
- In a cocktail shaker, put in gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup.
- Add in 1 cup of ice and shake until chilled.
- Take the Collins glass out of the refrigerator. Strain mixture in.
- Top up with lime soda.
- To garnish, place a lemon wedge on the rim of the glass.
This next drink will also surely refresh you by combining fruits and vegetables in one smoothie.
Bubbly Cucumber Avocado Smoothie
This is the drink for you if you want to sit back and relax with a delicious cocktail without worrying about the calories. Once you’ve made the shiso syrup, this cocktail is incredibly easy to complete with just one step. Make sure that you have a blender and a straw ready to instantly enjoy this delicious and healthy cocktail.
Ingredients for Bubbly Cucumber Avocado Smoothie
- 3 oz. champagne
- 1 oz. shisho syrup
- 25 oz. cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 5 shiso leaves
Ingredients for Shiso Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 5-6 fresh green shiso leaves
- ½ cup water
Instructions for Shiso Syrup
- Blend together sugar and shiso leaves.
- In a saucepan, pour in mixture with water and bring to a light simmer.
- Keep stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool.
- Once cooled, strain with a fine-mesh strainer into your preferred storage container.
Instructions for Bubbly Cucumber Avocado Smoothie
- In a blender, pour in all ingredients with crushed ice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a milkshake glass.
- Garnish with a shiso leaf.
- Put in your metal straw.
Try these recipes out in order to easily relax after a long and stressful day at work. Do not be afraid to try out different kinds of high-quality liquor to experiment with different tastes.
Upgrade your after-work drink with these 6 simple cocktail recipes made with high-quality liquor from the Philippines. Each of these cocktails will guarantee a refreshing and tasty feeling to your taste buds. Make these easy recipes for yourself or for your partner after a long and stressful day at work. Sit back and relax with your drinks as you watch your favorite films or TV shows to unwind.
Like what you see? Click here to check out more high-quality liquor for your post-work cocktail creations!