Holiday Cocktail Recipes Featuring Liquors from the Philippines
What cocktail recipes can you prepare for the holidays?
- Fizzy Makes Me Feel Good
- Yema-Buttered Rum
- Caramel White Russian
- Mulled Wine
- Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail
- Hot Buttered Rum
The spirit of cheer this holiday season is bound to be infectious. This is especially true for the Filipino people, who love to spend their holidays having parties and get-togethers. Truly, nothing comes close to celebrating Christmas in the Philippines. With liquor and wines from Manila, holiday feasts with your friends and family will be spectacular!
Thinking of which cocktails to serve? Don’t worry we got your back! Here are some of them now:
Fizzy Makes Me Feel Good
Champagne cocktails really signify that a celebration is coming on. The “Fizzy Make Me Feel Good’ is the perfect concoction for Christmas because of its one of a kind flavor. Here’s how you can make it:
- 40 ml Hendrick’s Gin
- 15 ml freshly squeezed lemon Juice
- 30 ml spiced pear syrup*
- Top with sparkling wine or champagne of your choice
To make the spiced pear syrup you will need:
- 1-liter pear puree/juice/nectar
- Grated nutmeg
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cloves star anise
- 10 cloves
- 1 strip orange peel
- Start by simmering all the ingredients in a pot over low heat.
- Turn off the heat then proceed with stirring through 500 grams of fine white sugar.
Fizzy Makes Me Feel Good Recipe:
- Pour Hendrick’s gin, lemon juice, and spiced pear syrup into a cocktail shaker.
- Garnish your glass with something sweet like a speck of sugar dust to complement the taste of the cocktail.
This recipe is perfect for those with a sweet tooth. Your guests will surely ask for more of this tasty drink so be sure to prepare heaps of it. Find the directions below:
- 60 ml Bacardi Rum
- 6 pcs. yema candy
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 3 pcs. cloves
- Yema candies and grated nutmeg to garnish (cinnamon stick may also be added)
- Melt the yema candies in a pan with sugar and cloves over low heat.
- Turn off the heat then start adding the Bacardi rum and stir well.
- Double strain it into a mug or glass then top with hot water to taste.
- Garnish it with a yema candy and some grated nutmeg.
Caramel White Russian
Nothing brings in the holiday cheer like a perfectly crafted cocktail. The Caramel White Russian will be a great treat for those people who love sweets. Combine it with a scrumptious liqueur and you are ready to go!
- 1 part Luaco
- 2 parts Salted Caramel Vodka
- 1-part Half & Half (milk and cream)
- Caramel sauce to garnish
- Combine the Luaco, vodka, and half & half in a cocktail shaker.
- Stir it with a spoon to combine.
- For added taste, drip caramel sauce down the side of a drinking glass.
- Add ice until the glass is about three quarters full then pour the cocktail in.
- Garnish it with a straw and serve.
The Mulled Wine is a notable holiday cocktail because it is an ideal drink for the cold weather.
This delicious and warm cocktail is fairly easy to make, all the more reason for you to serve it up in your next party. Whether you are spending your holidays in your province or here in Manila, this wine will surely give everyone an energy booster.
- 2 bottles red wine
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 oranges sliced
- 8 whole cloves
- 12 black peppercorns
- Additional cinnamon sticks and orange slices for garnish
- Combine the apple cider, wine, brandy, honey, cloves, orange slices, cinnamon sticks, and peppercorns in one large pot.
- Simmer it over low heat for over 10-15 minutes or until it is thoroughly heated.
- Remove the cloves and the peppercorns.
- Serve it in a heatproof glass or mug.
- Finish by using the cinnamon stick or the orange slice as the garnish.
Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail
The goodness of the cranberry mixed with smooth bourbon is simply perfect. Instead of drinking the bourbon straight from the bottle, why not combine it with the best-tasting berries there are?
- 59 ml bourbon
- 59 ml cranberry juice
- 15 ml rosemary sage simple syrup*
- Splash of lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Rosemary and sage for garnish
- To make the Rosemary Sage Simple Syrup, combine one cup of sugar and one cup of water in a medium saucepan. Toss in a few sprigs of fresh rosemary and sage then bring it to a boil. Stir it until the sugar has dissolved for 5-8 minutes. Strain the herbs from the simple syrup then set it aside, allowing it to cool.
- Now, it is time to make the cocktail. Start by filling the glass with ice then add the bourbon, cranberry juice, rosemary, sage, simple syrup, and a splash of lemon juice.
- Stir it to combine.
Nine-day Novena Cocktail Recipe
This cocktail recipe makes for an elegant and cheerful cocktail party. The Pinoy taste of the cocktail will make you reminisce of simpler times when celebrating the holidays here in the Philippines.
Here are the directions to make it:
- 1 bottle Captain Morgan Rum
- 1 stick salted butter
- Start by melting the butter in a saucepan and make sure that it does not turn to brown.
- Add to rum and let it sit for 24 hours.
- Put it into a freezer for up to 2 hours and strain the liquid, leave out the fat solid.
Directions for making the leche flan syrup:
- Prepare the leche flan and the simple
- Start making the syrup by adding equal parts by weight of the flan and the simple syrup into a blender.
- Blend and strain it into a serving bottle.
Hot Buttered Rum
We all heard of Butter Beer but buttered rum is something new that everyone should take a sip of. The cinnamon and nutmeg in the drink make it stand out. It is definitely a drink that you shouldn’t miss!
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup spiced rum
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 sticks cinnamon, for garnish
- Use an electric mixer to beat the brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt, and butter in a medium bowl. Blend it until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a 4-cup measuring cup then add the rum and 2 cups of boiling water.
- Stir the butter in until it dissolves.
- Divide the buttered rum among 4 glasses or mugs.
- Garnish it with cinnamon sticks and serve.
These holiday cocktail recipes are a great way to spend the holiday season. Prepare to have the time of your life as you serve them to your family and friends. Happy holidays!
Get your supply of the liquors used in these recipes here!